this particular cupcake stand took a little more time to assemble. it was also a smidge more expensive than the plate cupcake stand, just due to the supplies that i needed.
you will need:
- styrofoam discs, purchased at michael's, in varying sizes. keep the plastic on them. they ranged from $8 - 13/each, depending on size
- wrapping paper - $1.50 from target
- ribbon - two rolls at $1 each
- stacking items to hold up the discs. since the theme was spring, i found a teacup and flower vase for $2.00/each in the clearance bin. just make sure the height is relatively the same and will provide enough space for the cupcake with icing
- double sided tape - already had available
- hot glue gun - bought some years ago
nuria and i just cut the wrapping paper to fit the surface of the discs, both sides and double taped them. for the edges, we used ribbon to add a splash of color. we hot glued the vase and teacups to the discs, assembling them rather quickly, the biggest disc on the bottom and climbing up. allow to dry completely but still be careful when moving the structure.