i'm still here. around. lurking. just not blogging. i was laid off last week. bummer but not surprised. naturally, given the chance to sleep in, i don't. it's been a whirlwind of interviewing. i updated my resume over the summer so it's not like i wasn't prepared. and then this weekend at the restaurant. i've barely a moment's quiet. not only am i shopping around for a new job, but i'm looking for a new computer too. i have a new handy dandy digital buddy, thanks to patrick. it's not like i've been idle. just an idea of the next few posts...
i've been tagged by Trish:
8 favorite TV shows
2. Criminal Minds
4. Grey's Anatomy
5. Private Practice
6. No Reservations: Anthony Bourdain
7. Cold Case
8. Without a Trace
8 favorite RESTAURANTS
1. Little Saigon
3. Georgia Brown
6. City Cafe
7. Brewer's Art
8. Thai Arroy
8 books you’d RECOMMEND
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (i read this book when i was in 5th grade. the impact it made stays with me still)
2. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (the first of many picoult books i've read.)
3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hussein (touching and earnest story)
4. The Smoke Jumper by Nicholas Evans (i've said it many times before, evans writes beautifully)
5. In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner (Weiner is able to write with humor and sarcasm that is both charming and interesting)
6. Silver Lake by Maeve Binchy (i love maeve binchy)
7. Harry Potter series by that rich brit-ish woman. (i read this series in 3 months, bawled my eyes out reading the last book. Accio KISS MY ASS!)
8. Digging to America by Anne Tyler (great novel by a local author)
8 things that happened YESTERDAY
1. Hit the farmer's market. didn't arrive til 10 so slightly less to choose from by at least it wasn't crowded and i still was able to get my fresh mini donuts.
2. hit the asian market and treated myself to a clay pot.
3. did 3 loads of laundry
4. made a bacon dish for kitchen doorknobs
5. finished the fringe of pammie's scarf, pictured above
6. made two cards
7. prepared for my interview this morning by modeling a few suits
8. finally finally FINALLY successfully made caramel squares ...
8 things to LOOK FORWARD TO
1. Tuesday. i won't say more on why... yet.
2. borrowing a friend's Twilight book, whatever the first one is... because Trish won't let me watch the movie first. she's the boss of me.
3. Big K's 30th going on 21 birthday weekend in Charlotte. she's asked me to make a dinner spread (think 80s theme) and her birthday cake (gasp!)
4. Buu's birthday weekend the following weekend (i'm already really tired)
5. lunch with jab tomorrow.
6. buu is hemming two of my jeans. so when i get them back, it'll be like i have "new" clothes
7. turkey dinner with the phamily next friday (thursday is dinner with jab and the roommate... i'm actualy supposed to be researching recipes right now...)
8. there's this new cookie recipe i'd like to dig into but i'll hold off till round 5 of the Baking Gals. plus, i want to tweak the checkered cookies ... soon ... (you'd think being unemployed i'd have more time but not so much!)
8 things on MY WISH LIST
1. a Kitchen Aid Mixer. a red one.
2. a new kitchen, complete with maybe a double oven and dishwasher
3. hardwood floors
4. new windows
5. crown molding
6. new bathroom
7. DSLR... preferably the Nikon D80 or D90. i'd even settle for the D60
8. a new comforter set, preferably corduroy. what? it'd keep me warm.
8 things I LOVE ABOUT FALL
1. i like Fall in pictures.
2. butternut squash soup
3. apple picking
4. the color orange
5. indian summer
6. apple cider
8. rustic, hearty foods
8 people I TAG
no tagging from me. anyone who is interested in doing this, please do so!
stay warm, it's gotten nippy out. be safe, there's been a slew of crime here in Baltimore. hard economic times causes people to do foolish things. be kind, rewind.
bear with me as i update angry asian creations. with the prospect of a new employer, i'm trying to determine if this blog is too ... angry. but i am perturbed at the idea of having to censor anything at all.